- Cart is empty
Nobody truly enjoys the arduous and time consuming of cleaning their oven, hence many people leave it months at a time before they clean it making the task all the more difficult and loathsome. We at Harvey Normans are offering you some simple tips on keeping your oven clean and well maintained.
- Cover your Food to prevent spatter. As food heats, it tends to spatter in an oven leaving multiple stains that can be very tough to remove. If you are cooking something like a chicken, cover it with aluminium foil and only remove it at end to allow browning. If you are cooking in a baking pan with no lid, cover the pan with aluminium foil.
- When using the oven, line the rack below with aluminium foil. This will catch any stray spillage during the cooking process and prevent stubborn stains on the floor of the oven.
- Never line the bottom of the oven with aluminium foil, this is a common misconception and it could result in a fire
- If possible, wipe up spills in the oven as they occur to prevent build up of food stains. If the spill is not cleaned up after the occurrence, the food continues to bake onto the oven and it will be much more difficult to remove.
- To get rid of old and hardened stains on the floor and walls of the oven simply put an oven-safe bowl full of boiling water into the oven. Turn the oven up to 150 degrees and allow the bowl of water to sit for 15 to 20 minutes before wiping the spill. This causes the hardened stain to loosen and will result in a much easier clean up.